This project aims to analyze firms and tourists behavior in the digital domain, promoting the increase the responsiveness of the regional corporate sector tourism cluster within RIS3 strategy. It will allow developing new methodological approaches to treatment of big data in tourism, to monitor the evolution of shopping behaviors and the use of digital media by tourists and evaluate and optimize the performance of the regional firms online. It also promotes workshops with recognized experts, and the dissemination of results will be conducted through an online platform and by the publication of scientific papers and doctoral theses and master's degrees related to the project.
BENEFICIARY ENTITY: Fundação Gaspar Frutuoso
TOTAL ELIGIBLE COST: 132.450,78€
EUROPEAN UNION FINANCIAL SUPPORT: 112.583,16€
This project develops a model to assess and monitor tourism 3.0., applied to the Azores. Understand the application of innovative techniques for treatment of big data on social media, by evaluating firms and tourists’ activity online. The project relies on databases, surveys, systematization and provision of information created for this purpose. With the application of STAR models and 3.0 DINESERV critical factors of development will be identified and used on training and information diffusion.
Over the next three years, the project SMART Tourism seeks to achieve the following objectives:
- Maximization of synergies between the different stakeholders of the tourism sector;
- Organization of seminars, conferences and workshops;
- Streamlining of processes of knowledge transfer between academia and firms;
- Publication of book and articles in national and international journals;
- Presentations and communications in international and national scientific conferences;
- Promotion and development of doctoral and masters’ theses;
Encourage the emergence of computer applications related to the project.